Tuesday 26 April 2011

Elephant in the Room

The title of this blog, reflects nothing really, I just couldn’t bare writing ‘Snaps’ again. I have basically followed through with the project and taken some more pictures as is necessary and the following are the results.


Douglas just arrived back from playing football, which he does once or twice a week. 98% of the time his team lose (that is a genuine statistic), but I admire the allegiance to the team despite being, well shit really.



The war wounds. I kind of like this image and I kind of don't.  I like the way the flash is sometimes too strong and over exposes the images but detail lost here was significant.









 I decided to take a couple pictures of 'stuff' belonging to my brother, rather than just my brother. Above is a drawing a Spanish friend had made of Douglas and Trish which hangs above their bed. I love how the disposable camera creates the dark corners, which is really aparent in this photograph cause of the white wall.



 Above; Their wardrobe, I didn't open the door or anything, this is how it's generally left.



At the start of this project Douglas kind of just sat there while I took pictures of him, but now he seems to be getting a little more excitable when the camera comes out, which could potentially ruin my project, depending on how I approach his (sometimes) erratic behaviour. Anyway, he decided to pull his top over his head. 



I was sat on the stairs conversing with Douglas and Trish while taking these pictures, which is what I often do, just kind of randomly snap while we're talking or doing something/nothing. Trish mentioned she bought a new top and brought it out to show me and Douglas. What makes this photo kind of funny is that Douglas blatantly couldn't care less about the new top Trish bought and is more focused on having his picture taken. Trish dangeling it up high and his lack of interest really show through and the fact that its all genuine makes me like this picture. 



I  do like the image above, mainly due to its unorthodox composition, I haven't got much else to say about it though.











Above & Below; I ruined these two images by having my hair dangling down and coming into the frame. Although it isn't really a big deal, because it kind of plays on the fact that I'm carelessly taking the images, as if I were using a digital camera. Either way, I'm afraid they won't make the final cut.






Above; If it weren't for his hair looking ridiculous and the massive bags under his eyes, this picture would have nothing going for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment